Experimental Plant Ecology
Welcome to the webpage of the DFG Heisenberg Professorship of Experimental Plant Ecology!
Our research focuses on the response of ecosystems to Global Change by experiments across spatial scales (laboratory trials in controlled climate chambers, pot experiments, mesocosm experiments, field scale manipulation experiments, gradient experiments, field observations), mainly in the following fields:
- Winter ecology (and climatic change in winter).
- The ecological importance of extreme weather events and interacting climate drivers.
- The role of plant diversity for ecosystem functioning, with diversity ranging from genetic diversity to species- and functional diversity and spatial diversity on the landscape level.
- The balance of production and decomposition of plant biomass, mainly belowground and on organic soils.
- Aquatic ecology and ecology of coastal heathlands (Biological Station of Hiddensee)
Chair of the group
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kreyling
Institute of Botany and
Tel.: +49 (0)3834 420 4080
Fax: +49 (0)3834 864114
Biological Station Hiddensee
Tel.: +49 (0)38300 50251
Fax: +49 (0)38300 346